Watergate Salad (also known as Pistachio Fluff Salad) is a refreshing dessert salad – made with pistachio pudding, marshmallows, and crushed pineapple. I always like to serve it in glass or crystal dishware because it is just as beautiful as it is delicious! With it’s creamy and soft-green texture, it also is a nice addition to a St. Patrick’s Day menu. Don’t be surprised if you get requests for “seconds” from children and adults alike. Watergate Salad is a real crowd pleaser!
- 3.4 oz. box of instant pistachio pudding mix
- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1¾ cup Cool-Whip topping (thawed)
- Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled, or until ready to serve.
I think this dessert is best when well-chilled. It is an excellent make-ahead recipe.