Good Morning to ya! The most important meal of the day is just about to get better, and more colorful. Sunny-Side Eggs with Bell Pepper Rings is not only colorful to look at – but very delicious! It’s a great way to start your day, and your body will benefit from this wonderful recipe – complete with a healthy protein boost! They make breakfast so much fun, and as an added bonus … they reheat in a microwave nicely. Eat one or two now, and save the rest for later!
- 3-4 Large Bell Peppers, in a variety of colors
- Pam or other non-fat cooking spray
- Eggs (one per every bell pepper ring)
- Wash and clean bell peppers.
- Slice each bell pepper into ½" thick rings. Be sure to remove any seeds or white flesh that remain.
- Lightly mist a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place on medium heat.
- Cook bell peppers about 2-3 minutes, and then turn over.
- Immediately crack one egg into center of each ring.
- Cook, covered, until eggs have reached your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley (or dried parsley flakes).
I have found that medium-sized eggs work best if you don't want the egg to spill out of the bell pepper rings. Large eggs will also work, but will probably flow outside the rings (not as pretty, but just as delicious!)