Family and friends will be in their glory when you present them with this beautiful Patriotic Fruit Platter – complete with an assortment of red, white and blue deliciousness! Not only does it make for a stunning presentation, but it also is a great way to add wholesome fruit to the holiday menu.
Creating a berry beautiful centerpiece does not have to take a lot of thought or effort. This Patriotic Fruit Platter is brimming with red cherries, raspberries, and yogurt-covered pretzels. A crystal bowl is holding the bluest of blueberries.
This is a very simple recipe, and you can produce it in minutes! To learn more about the crystal plate that I used for my centerpiece, please click the following eBay affiliate link for Fostoria American Torte Plates. More information on the Fostoria American pattern can be discovered here.
- Yogurt-Covered Pretzels
- Rinse and dry all your fruit.
- Place blueberries in a bowl, and set this in the center of your plate or platter.
- Arrange cherries around the perimeter of the bowl.
- The next layer will be a circle of yogurt-covered pretzels.
- Follow with a larger circle of raspberries.
- Finish it off with another circle of yogurt-covered pretzels.
The amount of fruit and/or pretzels you need will depend on the size of the plate or platter you are using. I used a 14" Torte Plate, and used one box of pretzels (about 8 oz.), just under 2 pints of raspberries, one bag of cherries, and two pints of blueberries.