I love these Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies for a variety of reasons. They are deliciously easy to make and are the perfect cookies for holiday baking. Filled with cranberries and oatmeal, these are chewy cookies with just the right amount of sweetness on top. If you bake up a batch, be prepared for a lot of smiles. Your family and friends will gobble them up in no time! Just be sure to save a few cookies for dear ole’ Santa. He will be most appreciative of your sweet kindness!
This recipe is adapted from a Betty Crocker Fall Baking Cookbook.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and orange peel with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough from a tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cool (about 15 minutes).
- For Icing - in small bowl, stir powdered sugar, vanilla and enough orange juice to make the mixture thin enough to drizzle over the cookies. Spoon icing into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off tiny corner of bag and squeeze to drizzle icing over cookies.